Country of Origin:
8 ounces Mahi Mahi fresh fillets
2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
4 tablespoons fresh alcapate (culantro)
4 ounces olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
5 garlic cloves
For alcapate pesto:
1. Blend alcapate, sunflower seeds, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor until the mixture becomes a paste. Set aside. Note: This pesto can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of fillets.
2. Heat up a regular pan or grill pan until it is relatively hot, enough to sear the fish fillet.
3. Use a brush to cover both sides of the fish fillets with the alcapate pesto.
4. Pour a tablespoon of olive oil into the pan and add the fish.
5. Cook 3 minutes each side.
6. Serve it with additional fresh alcapate pesto on the side. You can also serve it with a side dish of assorted grilled vegetables like zucchini, carrot and tomatoes.
What makes this recipe special?
I love fresh fish and fresh herbs and nuts. This recipe is good for a meal at the beach.