Racwi Ahmed Said
Country of Origin:
1 pound beef cubes
4 cardamom pods
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon ginger
1 cup frozen peas
4 potatoes, cut into cubes
1 large onion, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon chili power
2 teaspoons cumin power
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon turmeric power
4 tablespoons oil
The beef in this dish can be substituted with goat cubes.
1. In a saucepan, cover the beef cubes with water and cook until the beef is tender. If there’s still water, keep it for later use.
2. Add oil and fry beef until brown.
3. Add onions and cook until soft.
4. Add the spices, garlic, ginger, cardamom, potatoes, and a half teaspoon of salt to the pan.
5. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook until tomato is soft.
7. Add the cilantro.
8. Add 2 cups of water and cook until the potato is tender.
9. Add peas and cook about 10 more minutes before serve.
What makes this recipe special?
This stew with green peas and potatoes is very delicious and makes for a simple lunch or dinner, especially in the colder seasons. I can say it is my favorite meal for lunch.
Can be served with rice or mashed potatoes.