Country of Origin:
1 pound skirt steak
2 boil-in-bag rice packages
1 package cherry tomatoes
You can substitute your choice of protein for the steak depending on prices and preference.
1. Rinse rice until water runs clear.
2. Boil rice for 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to serving bowl.
3. Add chopped cilantro and lime juice to taste.
4. Boil eggs for approximately 8 minutes, then transfer to a pot of room temp water to cool.
5. Once cooled, peel eggs and marinate in soy sauce for approximately 15 minutes.
6. Liberally season skirt steak with salt, pepper, and paprika.
7. Pan fry in a coated skillet on med-high heat for approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds per side.
8. Allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes, then slice into strips.
9. Chop cucumbers.
10. Portion rice, steak, cucumbers, tomatoes, and humus into microwave safe bowls.
What makes this recipe special?
This is a great option for people who want to eat clean, but do not always have time to cook a healthy meal every night. This dish is a great meal-prep Sunday staple that can provide lunch every day of the week and easily lends itself to substitutions.